1. Operate in line with the organisation’s values to deliver the highest levels of customer service. Provide a professional and knowledgeable tenancy, lease and case management service to residents in a range of tenures and resolve issues efficiently and effectively.
2. Take ownership to ensure own performance contributes positively towards team objectives, key performance of the business and customer experience by managing and resolving caseloads in a proactive and customer focussed way, including responsibilities for:
• Tenancy management – Providing advice, managing requests and taking action where breaches of tenancy/lease conditions or changes in circumstances occur. This includes death/succession; possession proceedings; squatting/abandonment.
• ASB – Tackling and reducing the effects of anti-social behaviour, managing a caseload of anti-social behaviour cases to the point of closure or enforcement action. This includes case assessment; identifying solutions and taking action; preparing cases for court action and representing the organisation at court and at evictions.
• Gas – Carrying out the necessary actions to obtain access to a property to ensure that gas appliances are serviced annually.
• Fixed term tenancies – Engaging with residents throughout the term of their tenancy, to collect/record any changes in circumstances that are likely to have a bearing on the decision whether to renew the tenancy at the end of the term.
• Other tasks and activities associated with the role.
3. Work collaboratively with internal colleagues and teams to ensure effective, efficient and customer focussed tenancy management. This will include colleagues in Property Management, the Customer Service Centre, Lettings, Revenue, the Gas team and Community Investment.
4. Provide excellent customer service to residents, promoting ways to get involved, dealing sensitively with vulnerable residents and signposting to internal and external service providers as necessary. Maintain excellent relationships with key stakeholders and partners, such as politicians and police, positively representing the organisation and attending meetings / events as appropriate. This may include occasional evening meetings.
5. Ensure own compliance in respect of governance and adherence to relevant statutory and regulatory provisions and internal policy and procedure, especially around ASB, tenancy/lease management and data protection. Keep up to date on all legislative and regulatory issues that impact the role.
6. Take responsibility to maintain the necessary written/electronic records and systems to ensure accurate and complete records, including those related to changes in circumstances, vulnerability and end to end case management.
7. Manage risks associated with areas under the jobholder’s control, such as taking appropriate action where tenancy breaches (e.g. ASB) or changes occur, including legal action. Financial Responsibility: Enter below any revenue, operating or capital budgets for which the role is accountable.