Our client a large London based Housing Association are looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor on a 6-month contract basis to work within their Property Services Directorate.
- To provide cost management and financial expertise in the effective cost and lifecycle management of the association’s stock.
- To develop with the Deputy and Group Director for Asset Management a Value for Money strategy for Asset Management that fits in with the overarching VFM Group Strategy.
- To contribute to the development of a robust and dynamic Business Plan in association with the Finance Department.
- Working from information provided by the Asset Management Business Support team to measure the net cost of providing the asset management service.
- To review and understand the lifecycle costs of the entire property portfolio to support business planning and decision-making.
- To take lead responsibility for demonstration of Value for Money in the delivery and planning for the Asset Management service.
- Working with the respective Asset Management teams to develop knowledge and understanding of cost in use of new materials and technologies.
- Influence and understand value engineering decisions made in the development and reinvestment decision making process in conjunction with the Development Liaison Manager and Head of Portfolio Investment, providing advice on future impacts and cost in use implications.
- To set VFM improvement targets and providing the support and technical expertise to measure and meet these.
- To analyse the supply chain across partnerships and delivery streams to verify that Best Value is being obtained throughout the chain.
- To provide advice and contribute to all procurement strategy development and project procurement.
- Contribute to the development of policies and procedures to meet an excellent quality standard for cost management. Monitor and review policies and procedures to ensure the effective use of resources and continuously improving performance.
- Develop an optimal cost model that supports informed decision-making in determining the reinvestment future of specific stock archetypes, localities and use.
- To work within Best Value principles, continually striving towards service improvement and resident satisfaction.
- To support the Group Head of Asset Management or their nominees through the provision of such services and expertise as may from time to time be required. To undertake any other duties as shall be requested by the Group Head of Asset Management or their nominees.
- A degree in a construction related discipline plus post-qualification experience working within a construction environment.
- Experience of performing risk and value management and cost control in a construction environment, particularly in reference to social housing.
- Current and relevant knowledge of building processes, particularly in the social housing sector, and applicable statutory requirements.
- Experience and understanding of undertaking cost analysis for repair and maintenance work, able to prepare feasibility and option appraisals against projects and schemes.
- Experience of complex financial and cost data analysis and the presentation of results in an analytical graphical and tabular report.
- A thorough understanding of building life cycle cost management in a social housing environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to communicate with a diverse range of stakeholders and customers.
- Able to communicate complex financial information to colleagues verbally and in writing.
- Excellent organisational skills and a highly competent user of Microsoft Office and financial modelling packages and frameworks.
- Strong team player, self-motivated and committed to personal professional development.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
- James Housden
Apply for Quantity Surveyor
My Client is a Greater London based Housing Association seeking a Development Manager...
May 9th, 2016
The Property Recruitment Company is currently working with a large Social Housing Provider...
August 4th, 2015
The Property Recruitment Company is currently working with a Social Housing Provider based in North...
July 31st, 2015
Perm/FTC £28000-£32000 per annum +£1300 car allowance Large Housing Association Shortlisting 1st September 2016...
August 23rd, 2016